SMC Junior Travel Grants
The SMC Society awards travel grants for students who are in most need and lack of financial resources to attend on the SMC Junior 2016. Successful grant recipients will receive a reimbursement ($500 of each) upon registering and presenting her/his paper at SMC Junior 2016.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be IEEE and SMC Society Student or Graduated Student Member
Click here to see how to join as SMC student or graduated student member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Student Grant Application Form (attached as below)
- An official letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Copy of IEEE Membership Card (scanned or downloaded in PDF format from www.ieee.org)
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format.
All documents should be zipped and send to György Eigner, Student Activities Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 15, 2016. Please use "SMC 2016 Student Travel Grant Application" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made after August 5.
The student status will be inspected based on the SAMIEEE database. If the student status cannot be clarified based on SAMIEEE, the scanned copy of student card will be requested by the organizers.
Download the application form.