Young Professionals Travel Grant
The SMC Society awards travel grants for young professionals who are in most need and lack of financial resources to attend. Successful grant recipients will receive a reimbursement ($500 of each) upon registering and presenting her/his paper at SMC2016.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a young professional, who is an IEEE member and retains a member status after graduation (for less than 10 years).
- Applicant must be also an SMC Society Member
Click here to see how to join as SMC member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Yong Professionals Grant Application Form (attached as below)
- A recommendation letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Copy of IEEE Membership Card (scanned or downloaded in PDF format from www.ieee.org)
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format.
All documents should be zipped and send to Shun-Feng Su, Young Professional Subcommittee Chair (email@example.com) by July 15, 2016. Please use "SMC 2016 Young Professionals Travel Grant Application" as subject. Notification of acceptance will be made after August 5.
The young professional status will be inspected based on the SAMIEEE database. If the young professional status cannot be clarified based on SAMIEEE, the scanned copy of first diploma will be requested by the organizers.
Download the application form.